I am set to house sit for CK. That's my boss, people! I will be a Heights resident for 10 days. I'm looking forward to hanging out with his cute dog (Lucy) & cat (Omar Little) & his giant television. Too, it'll be nice to shop in the Heights Kroger. Fancy! This gig begins tomorrow morning.
Me & KMHD, we started taking Thai Kickboxing lessons. It is SO HARD. I love AND hate it so so much. We've only had two lessons & I come home defeated, with my tail between my legs, in pain, and not wanting to go back every time. Oh, yeah, there are upsides. We get to learn a little self-discipline, we are totally taking a martial art, which is instant cool, it's good exercise, and we get a cool outfit. It's just very hard. And painful. We're not even fighting, it's the training that hurts. Our goal is six months. If I survive this, oh man. I'll try to get good & I'll take notes so I can show ya'll some moves.
President, oops, I mean, SENATOR Obama finally reopened his AR HQ today. It's only a couple of blocks away from the house, so yay for convenience! Some volunteer asked if I wanted to phonebank or canvas. I had to say no. I hate bothering folks that much. I'll find something meaningful and important and way less annoying to do! I don't think it was an accident that his new HQ location is in an old postal workers union building. Or maybe it is! It is located in a high-volume traffic location. Way to go, planners.


Carrying on, we've got some nice plans in the works. Lots of camping before the season is over. We're gonna host a shrimp boil soon. Next month, we might go to Fayetteville. I hope so! Eclipse Glasses will play! I can see old friends, meet new ones. Later in the month, we're going to Conway to see the Four Tops @ UCA. We're to meet our pal Binyon before the show for supper & drinks. We never go to Conway, for good reason, but this could be fun? Maybe? Conway?
Today, we're dealing with Hurricane Ike who is droppin' tornadoes all over the state. Yikes. Yesterday, our landlord stuck a memo on the front door, asking us to be prepared for possible power outages. Check the batteries in your flashlights, get ice for your edible perishables it said. Entergy is spread thin, they're in Louisiana and Texas, so it could be awhile before we get service should anything happen. I'm all about preparedness.
2 comments:
I'm bringing students down to LR on Friday. I'd love to take them to the Obama headquarters! What's the exact address?
If it wasn't hard, it wouldn't be worth our while. We're in a martial arts boot camp!
Post a Comment